“The Seven Characters of Abuse
Domestic Violence: Where It Starts and Where It Can End”
By Tanya Brown & Carolyn Inmon
- Carolyn Inmon has devoted her entire life to serving families. She retired after a distinguished 40 year career in the classroom and in educational leadership. She taught 10,000 students in every grade from Kindergarten to college.
- Since retiring, she has spent her time in community service, as a professional speech writer and coach, and adoring her grandchildren.
- Today, she serves on two committees for the City of Irvine. She is co-chair of the Irvine Children, Youth and Families Advisory Committee which monitors the Strategic Plan for Children, Youth and Families. She is a City Councilmember appointee to the Irvine Child Care Committee. She was a member of the Senior Citizens Council.
- Professional speech writer and coach. She has written speeches for Tanya Brown which ultimately led to their collaboration on this book on the non-physical aspects of domestic violence. She coaches political candidates and leaders of non-profit organizations in public speaking. She also coaches interviewing.
- She is already a published author. She and her Mt. San Antonio College colleagues wrote a public speaking textbook, “From Fright to Might. Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking.” Over 60,000 students have used that book and all the profit was donated to the students at the college. In 2008, Mt. San Antonio College, California’s largest community college, named her Teacher of the Year.